Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My day

Today I had to give my students a test because our school is a High School Transformation School. This means we received money from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. As a part of the agreement, whe have to follow this curriculum and give a number of assessments. It saddens me to know that so many inner city students have been set up to fail and when they are given a task they complain about it.

They were supposed to write an essay and many of them wrote one HUGE paragraph. There is no beginning and no end. What is even more disturbing is this is OUR future. What is really going on? I don't get it.

2 comments:

AMY said...

I know -- I told my kids that the essay should be five paragraphs and I thought they were going to riot. Awesome!

Unknown said...

Frank said, Don't you eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever, wear your gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggreat grandma hat ever again.