Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fighting vs Writing

Ok, my sophmores are in class and they were more concerned about a fight which just occurred. The biggest question on their minds is "Who won?" What is wrong with this picture? I can honestly tell you that many of them are not doing their best in my class and they are worried about a fight. When will all this foolishness end? Why do our inner city children enjoy watching people inlict bodily harm on one another?

How about no one in my class did the assignment. Wake up people!!!! This is our future. I am so frustrated with them. Then they tell me they are going to go to college. It is a sad scene that plays over and over again. I sometimes feel like I'm in the movie Speed. Remember the scene when they put the tape in and it kept playing over and over? I feel like that sometimes.

1 comment:

AMY said...

My freshmen were all excited about the fights, too. If only they could be that excited and engaged about learning!