Sunday, August 30, 2009

What I don't know...

Today I went to a conference fr beauty professionals. I have been licensed as a nail technician for quite some time. One of the requirements is to obtain continuing education hours every two years. I originally went to the conference with the intent on getting my hours, but I left with so much more.

This year I didn't take any product related classes. All of the classes were pertaining to the business aspect and not the technical side. Some of the classes I took were actually beneficial to any industry. I left feeling renewed and ready to conquer the world.

There were a few things that had a tremendous impact on me. One thing that I really stuck with me was the following question: What is it that I don't know that if I did know would make a difference in what/who I'm trying to become/accomplish? When the speaker Geno Stampora posed this question, it got me to thinking. I can't say that I have the answer to this question, but it surely has gotten me to thinking. BTW, Mr. Stampora, if you're reading this, you were right about that dinner conversation:)

No comments: