Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a weekend!!

Alright, this past weekend was full of events. Friday, I took my daughter to the orthodonist and then we went to eat. We went to this greasy spoon restaurant called Nicky's Grill on 103rd and Western. It was good. I was eating in the place with Nia and I had to get some napkins. I decided to get some off this empty table. This man sitting near me says"You could have gotten some from here (referring to his table)" I replied"It's okay, I didn't want to reach over you." He tells me "Someone who looks as pretty as you, I don't mind at all." I wanted to puke. I was thinking "Do you have mirrors in your house?" Obviously he doesn't.

Saturday morning, I had my usual hair appointment. I left to take Barbara (a friend) to go get her car from the carwash (around 85th and Ashland). I decided to get my SUV washed as well. They did a great job. As I am waiting for her, this huge man with keloids on both sides of his face (looking like a beard) says" Are you reay for the weekend?" Me: "As ready as I'll be." Him:" Are you married?" Me: "Not yet, I'm waiting on him." Him:"Can I give you me number to call when he mess up, 'cause I know he will." Me:" That wouldn't be nice and what type of woman would that make me if I call you when he does something wrong?" Then again, I think to myself "Another home without mirrors!!!" It's like get real booger. Then I also thought I need to find my decoy rings. I have some rings that look like engagement/wedding rings I need to wear for these boogers.

Saturday afternoon/early evening I went to a baby shower. I saw many alums from Whitney Young. It was great. I also had a dinner date that evening. We went to Exposure, it's a tapas restuarant. It was really good. I had creme brulee for dessert. It had some type of brownie on the bottom. The brownie was too chocolatey(is that such a word) for me. Nonetheless, it was great food and company. I especially enjoyed the company. We tried the ceviche (it was shrimp that night), shrimp and asparagus tempura, scallops and mashed potatoes, lamb chops and I forgot the other dish. It was really good.

Sunday afternoon, I went to my aunts for dinner. We had a good time and played a game called "Last word" It's so much fun. The object is to get the last word in before the timer sounds. The timer is at random intervals so you never know when it will sound. There are subject cards and letter cards. Everyone takes a subject card and one person turns over the letter card. Everyone is supposed to think of something in his/her category that begins with the letter on the card. The first person who can think of word for his or her category and puts their card face up on the game board should start the timer. Everyone else should begin to think of things related to the topic face up on the board (Oh, the person must announce the category as the card is placed on the game board). The last person to correctly say a term associated with the subject wins that round and advances one space. It is a lot of fun.

Yesterday, I made my famous turkey burgers. They were great. I invited a few people over to share. It was Scenecia, Nia, Bill, Torrie, Rhonda, Mom, Dad, Nia and me. We had a great time. We played Last Word again and a few people (I won't mention any names) were trying to cheat. Overall, I had a great time and a full weekend. I need another day off.

1 comment:

AMY said...

I don't believe anything can ever be too chocolatey! I love your decriptions of the men who were hitting on you. You are too funny!